About The Cool Tube®
So what’s this all about?
THE COOL TUBE® MKII, with design operational testing traceable back to National Standards by the NATA certified laboratory, SIMTARS.
Mine Spec, compressed air driven portable “air conditioners”, delivering super cooled air to the workspace to combat the environmental condition of heat stress, and or assist in controlling the operational temperatures of equipment and infrastructure both internal and external.
Heat management in the mining and heavy industrial sectors, continues to be one of the foremost risks to both the health and safety of workers and the operational stability of the mine or workplace.
So we asked ourselves:
What if we had the means to provide chilled air to localised areas to gain control of the “environmental” condition of heat stress?
We sought to meet this by implementing a lightweight system that can rapidly and effectively cool an area to substantially improve mining conditions, by maintaining compliant and acceptable temperatures for heat management.
It all stemmed from recognising potential in a phenomenon in thermodynamics from the early 1900s! Coupled with our modern technology and innovative thinking, we have developed “The Cool Tube®” MKII for the intended use of:
- Hot humid underground mining activities that are low ventilation.
- Additional ventilation to frictional ignition areas without gas recirculation.
- Confined space locations such as vessels, dragline tubs, hoppers and tank compartments.
- Concealed areas, tunnels and shafts.
- Positive pressure air-conditioned refuge chambers, COBs and crib areas.
- Marine Engineering Spaces and Tank Compartments.
- Fixed equipment and infrastructure cooling – IE transformers, electric
motors, gearboxes, radiators and bearings.
- Air condition containers storing items such as chemicals and electrical parts.
- Any hot and or humid work area with access to compressed air.
This highly-effective development is a proven solution for delivering and maintaining manageable conditions in an otherwise heated situation.
The Cool Tube® MKII Accessories
Expand and enhance The Cool Tube® MKII with a wide range of accessories.
Lever Activated Magnetic Base Mount
Adjustable Remote Magnetic Silencer Mount
Extension Adaptors – M24, M20, M16 Male and Female Configurations
Flush Mount Magnetic Kit
Extension Silencers and Baffled Diffusers – 250mm and 500mm
Handrail and Post Mount